Friday, October 25, 2013

Best Miracle Yet!

For a while, I was so worried about my mission fizzling down to an insignificant finish, but this week, something amazing happened.  I don't know if you recall Cole and Nikki from my last area whom Elder Southworth and I started to teach after 7 years of effort from their neighbors.  Well I got a call from Elder Southworth telling me that they have made the decision to finally be baptized on Thursday!  Yay!!  I was so happy when I heard.  So I called the mission president and begged and begged and begged him to let me go to the baptism, and he said if I could find a ride that he would let me attend!  So I get to go over there and get a picture of them in white!   They are so prepared.  When they showed up to church the last week I was there, and apparently they haven't missed a week since.  They are totally active and ready to be baptized.  I've never been so happy in my entire life than I am at this moment!  We are desperately trying to get a ride there, and I hope that it will all work out.

In other news, tomorrow we have zone conference and Elder David S. Baxter of the Seventy will be attending.  I'm so excited for it all to come around and get the opportunity to hear from a general authority right before I go home.

Not much other news at the moment. My piano talents were discovered again so I got to do prelude in Sacrament meeting in church on the piano.  The speaker from the high council gave me a really nice compliment when he spoke for his talk saying that "this type of prelude music is beautiful and greatly encourages the spirit to come in at the meeting."

It’s been a great week with the news of the baptism and I'm ecstatic with the prospect of the baptism this week!  See everyone soon!

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment