Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

November 26, 2012

Yes, with my 2nd “in the field” Thanksgiving comes the Christmas season once again. What a wonderful time for everyone to get together and turn towards Christ. We spent Thanksgiving dinner at a member’s home named the Petersons. It was good. They cooked the turkey wonderfully and it was incredibly juicy! I probably ate half the dark meat of that turkey!

On an exciting note, we had 5 investigators at church this week! It was amazing! One of the investigators we brought had not been to any church in years! It was amazing. To top it off Elder Jennings and I were speaking in church. We both spoke for 10 minutes, and we spoke on missionary work (go figure J).  My talk basically was about the qualifications of missionary work in D & C 4 – “faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." I melded faith and hope together because of their similar themes; same with hope and charity. I think the best part was when I crossed referenced "eye single to the glory of God," to Moses 1:39 which is "This is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I said that God expects us to desire the salvation of others, to trust him, and to keep his commandments. All of this qualifies anyone to be a missionary. I hope I did a good job, but that's in the eye of the beholder J

We had an emergency interview with president Maynes this week. At first it was just for Elder Jennings and then he talked to me. He just wanted to see what he could do to make my mission better. It was a good interview.

But anywho, the holidays are coming. I'm more excited than I've been in a while because of the deep rooted love for Christmas I have thanks to my father and mother J. Well that’s all the news I have for now. But I love you all so much and good job on those lights dad!

Elder Bringhurst

 

No comments:

Post a Comment