Monday, December 10, 2012

Cold and Flu Season

December 3

This week was rough because I'm currently under the deadly cold! I've had a splitting headache and stuffed up lungs and nose for the past 5 days! Ahh! It was awful because I couldn't ride a bike, and no one really wanted us over because I have the cold.  So needless to say, it was a crazy week. But a couple cool experiences came from that.

An investigator called us up, (her boyfriend is a less active member and recently decided she wanted to be taught the missionary lessons) and asks if we can come over a couple days ago. I'm lying down with a headache so my companion says, "Uhh he's a little sick right now, can we do another day?" But she was insistent that she wanted us over right now. So I just decided to deal with the cold and go. I couldn't really ride a bike, so we walked about a mile and a half to her house so we could teach her a lesson. I was miserable for the whole lesson, but the spirit was really strong. We taught her the first part of the plan of salvation, our pre existent life, our purpose here, and Christ's atonement. She really believed it was true and asked if we could give her a blessing at the end of the lesson. She was really teary eyed at the end and they both came to church this Sunday. It was a neat experience.

Also on Sunday Elder Jennings and I taught part of the combined priesthood-Relief Society bishopric lesson. It was on missionary work, so the bishopric asked us to talk for about 15 minutes on Preach My Gospel. It was a huge success. Members really got into the spirit of missionary work. Several members said until that moment they were hesitant to give the missionaries their friends to teach, but after hearing us teach they wanted to be more involved in member missionary work. So great things are happening for the work here. Hopefully I can stay a little longer because some of these people are extremely close to baptism in a way that I've never seen in this area so far.

So hopefully this nasty cold goes away soon, but all the best to everyone out there and Merry Christmas!

Elder Bringhurst

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment