Monday, November 12, 2012

Transfer News

October 29, 2012

Well both of us are staying in Heather Ridge this transfer. It’s looking like a cold winter on a bike is ahead of us. I've learned the cold can really destroy your energy. We were huffing and puffing all day on Wednesday. It was freezing to say the least. We had another slow week. But overall our average is starting to climb. We hope we can become a thriving area here pretty soon. I have faith we can.

The ward is starting to help quite a bunch. The ward mission leader is trying to get an elder or high priest to come with us for an hour or two every day! So that will be great to have someone who has a car to drive us around and give us at least a little break in the day. Also, the ward council has updated the "15 names list" of people in the ward they want us to regularly meet with. Hopefully that will yield some lessons. I've said it and I will say it again; this work cannot go on without the help of ward members in every aspect of missionary work. And this ward is responding wonderfully to that invitation and I'm very grateful.

It seems like people here want to talk about two things, politics and the Denver Broncos. I live in Broncos Country, and I probably hear the names Romney, Obama, and Peyton Manning more than Joseph Smith or Jesus Christ. Ha-ha.
 
No updates really on the people we are teaching. But we did go to the ward's "trunk or treat" where everyone just opens up their trunk and kids in their costumes go trick or treating in the church parking lot. I'm hitting myself that I didn't bring my camera because the kids looked so adorable I thought I’d die. One little girl dressed up as a bouquet of pink roses by wearing a green skin suit with some plastic wrap on her shoulders with pink paper roses on her head and shoulder. One baby kid dressed up as an Ewok from Star Wars. Some nonmembers showed up so it was really good!

Well that’s all the news I have for today. Thanks for the Halloween package!

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment