Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quicky

Welcome to the cold in Colorado. That storm you guys had a few days ago made it to Colorado. It was just snowing like mad. But it was warm so we only accumulated like 2 inches. And it melted in like 2 days.

We found out the members we live with have huge holes in their insulation so we are freezing at night and have very few blankets. So I find myself wearing thermals and a coat to bed. Ha ha.

I really don't have much to report this week. I found out how much bikes cost though. During the freezing storm on Saturday I went over to the bike shop to have them fix my malfunctioning brakes and they charged me 40 dollars! I felt like it was a little steep when all they did was replace the brake pads and redo one of the brake shafts. Oh well, enough of the lament of a poor missionary.

I can't wait for the massive increase in pot smokers coming to Colorado, as if marijuana wasn't already a problem in my last area. Oh well, as the world gets more wicked it’s the righteous who must work harder. But sometimes I fear for society as a whole. Even Abraham could not save Sodom and Gomorrah. But I have faith things will turn around.

No updates really on the area. Our week was a decent one, but our top people still are on the same boat as they were last week... how disappointing. But hey! More missionaries are coming in and it will be a great addition to the Elders of Israel!

Elder Bringhurst

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment