Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What A Week

October 1, 2012

Well the struggles continue, but that's a part of life. Anyone who doesn't have problems in this are buried 6 feet under it. Right now I'm just working on finding joy in the trials. In a strange way, the line of companions I've had had made me want to better myself. It’s a strange concept but it seems to be working.

We had interviews with the Mission President this week and I asked him why I was in the situation I was in. He told me that he didn't know. He said that the Lord rarely, if ever, gives him a reason to put companionships together, but the reason why only manifests itself after he puts them together. His answer was simply "it felt like the right thing to do."

A mission isn't supposed to be easy, and I never expected it to be, but the lack of success we have in this area starts to weigh down on me. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be learning here, but the answer to everything is "work harder," so that's what I'm going to do. President asked me to study charity and love. So I've been looking up a lot on that, and I have gotten a lot from it.

In the news of missionary work, we really have kind of been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Trying our best to contact as many as possible, and if possible build our teaching pool. Not much other news, so have an awesome week everyone.

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment