Friday, October 19, 2012

Cooling Down

Well this week we had a great experience. I've been praying for just ONE person who was solid, who would progress towards baptism, and on Thursday, Bro. Peterson who is in the young men's presidency set up an appointment with a kid named Andrew. He has been going to scouts and is a nonmember, and he invited him to have the missionaries over at his house. He accepted and we went over. He and his father are incredibly interested in the church. His father is also dating a woman who also seems incredibly interested. It was a wonderful lesson. Turns out his father is actually a less active member of the church and wants to come back, and Andrew is also interested in joining. YES! We actually invited them to the "chili cook off" this past Saturday, and they came! They even took us over to it. So we got to talk with them and we also gave them a tour of the church. That was a great miracle for us. Hopefully soon we can get them baptized and see some fruits of our efforts.

Also a funny note on the chili cook off: I decided to take a chance on some of the super "hot stuff". First I took the hottest chili, and it wasn't that hot. But someone brought this extremely deadly hot sauce to the place. The hot sauce came in a coffin shaped box and claimed to be the "hottest stuff in the world." So some people dared me to take some. I put about a half spoonful of that stuff on my spoon and just slurped it whole. Worst decision I could've made. At first it wasn't bad, then it just got hotter, and hotter, and it was just burning after about a minute. Big laughs! I was at the drinking fountain for about 10 minutes just trying to cool my tongue. I looked at the bottle to see what was in it. It was a mixture of ghost chili peppers and habanera peppers. You can look those up to see just how hot those peppers are. That was funny. I woke up the next morning with the worst stomach ache in the world though. So that’s all I have for today.

Thanks so much for everyone's support.

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment