Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy New Year!


December 31, 2012

Well here's a little short letter that I can write to everyone. Christmas was a really fun holiday. We got to go to a few places and have a lot of food!  Even though I have only been in this area a short time, some people still gave me Christmas gifts.

I loved all of the Christmas gifts! I thought I got a lot of treats for Halloween but THIS... This is a lot. The difference is its all homemade goodness or Ghirardelli’s or such, all so good! It might take me till next Christmas to work off all the weight I'm gaining this holiday season.  But thanks to everyone who took the time to send me a gift or a card. It was really nice.

Our Christmas dinner was a little awkward. It was with a less active family who wanted to feed us on Christmas, but God is not a part of their lives. We all got some Christmas Gumbo (a beef soup with crab legs in it, YUM) and everyone just started eating. We asked if we could say a prayer first and she literally just said no. It was kind of like having dinner with the dad from SIGNS... So we just said a silent prayer to ourselves and ate. Otherwise it was really good.

I sent some pictures to everyone. I have more but I thought I would send the highlight pictures that are at least remotely interesting. I'll be able to send them more regularly in this area.


(Here we see Brandon hasn't lost his sense of humor)
Brandon's Christmas tree sent from home
So Christmas was really fun and it was hard being away from family but a wise man once said "I'll be home for Christmas." Hope to enjoy all of the Christmas festivities with everyone next year!

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment