Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lots of news this week

Okay so the first piece of news is an update on the baptism of Lisa. Wow she is progressing so much and learning so much in the lessons with us. She is getting married to her fiancĂ© the day before her baptism. So Lisa will have her whole family at the wedding and she invited her nonmember family to her baptism. So it will be great. Also, President Maynes came with us to a lesson we had with Lisa. It was great. She talked so much about how much she has learned from us. And president gave a powerful testimony of how the best fruit of the gospel is a testimony, and how as we get the "fruit" of the gospel, it will become "delicious to us." (Alma 32).  Also Lisa has asked that I would baptize her. So I get to actually perform the baptism! I'm so excited!

Okay the second piece of news is we got a new ward mission leader. He is the former Bishop of the ward. He is hilarious. I'm excited to work with him because he knows everyone in the ward and has been in the ward since the Stone Age.

So third piece of news, next week we will be losing the senior couple missionaries here in the ward. We are all pretty sad that they will be leaving.  I've been in the area for pretty much the entirety of their mission.  I came into the area when they were three weeks into the mission and now they are leaving to go home. Dah I guess I have been in the area for some time. So it’s sad that they have to go, but now we get to teach all of the people they have been teaching, so we might get a lot busier.

Well that’s all of the news I can think of at the moment.  We are doing great here and having a wonderful time J

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment