Monday, February 6, 2012

From Sun to Snow

So yeah -- We had been having quite a few days of sunny days and then we wake up one day to find about 8 inches of snow on the ground. It snowed that whole day, and it was kind of an interesting experience. My bike has just been giving me troubles! The ground here is diabolical! I've had 2 flat tires from stupid things that were just lying around on the ground. So I got these special "slime" bike tubes that say it will prevent flats from this stuff that's in the tires. Hopefully that will make the tubes last longer.

So it was a good week this week. Snow and Super Bowl made it hard to teach a lot of people this week. But otherwise it was amazing! We were able to go to the Denver Temple last Wednesday. That was really great. I saw my MTC companion Elder Mclaughlin there and afterwards we talked a bit. It really helped to go and do that this week.

Oh yeah, our investigator is doing just amazing. He's been reading the Book of Mormon like a madman. He's almost done with 2 Nephi. He's marked up to that point as much as I have in mine! He loves it! He just absorbs every word like none other. In fact, we gave him some pamphlets, and in the pack are some questions you can answer about it, and he actually took the time to answer them! Wow he loves it. He’s been to church twice now and is right on track to get baptized on the18th. (Mission president requires all investigators to come to church at least 3 times before baptism.) So yeah, he is really amazing, and is currently obeying the Word of Wisdom. He totally understands what we teach him. He kept telling me at church that he "felt touched and close to God whenever he reads the Book of Mormon." His prayers always include things like "thank you for helping me to find your true church, and thanks for sending your missionaries to teach me your word." Wow, it’s just powerful to hear someone say that in a prayer. He also got up in front of the congregation last Sunday for fast Sunday and actually bore his testimony to the whole church. Wow, that was so special.

We also found this 6'6" kid this week, about 18 years old, and he said he wants to get baptized. So he will get baptized sometime in March if all goes well with him. Things are going well here, just chugging along.  Some days are really good, and some days you get NOTHING. But I've learned that when all is said and done, I won't remember how many lessons I got on a certain week or if I had a bad day on January 30th. I will only remember the absolutely good things. My success is measured primarily by my commitment to find people and help them come unto Christ. If I do that, all will be well.

I love you family and thank you so much for your letters you send me every week. They really are amazing!

Love Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment