Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And they wonder why we attend church each week . . .

Being a missionary is hard work sometimes. It is hardest when you really don't have anything to do for the next 2 or 3 hours. It's so depressing when people commit to do things and they don't do them. We had like 5 investigators and another 5 inactive people commit to come to church and only 1 came. Uggh.... it's frustrating sometimes. It makes me feel like I'm starting to understand what Heavenly Father goes through. We KNOW we should do it, and we CAN do it... but yet we don't.

Man you know how many people do marijuana here? I thought it was kind of a dumb "political" thing they brought up in government. But MAN! It’s just amazing how many people think it’s just fine. We are teaching this one guy who goes to church every week. He gave up smoking and drinking, but under no circumstances will he give up his "medicinal" marijuana. You think getting someone to stop smoking and drinking is hard, try getting someone to stop doing marijuana. It's NASTY -- smells like a skunk or something.

The week has been pretty good, although Elder George has been in a bad mood because he got a speeding ticket in a school zone. He didn't intentionally speed, but did not notice the school zone lights flashing. He got slammed with a $280 ticket. Ouch!

Tonight I'm going to this "interfaith dialogue class" presentation and we’ve been invited to speak there about the church. And when I say we I mean I. Elder George is going to go on exchanges somewhere else and I will be working with Elder Cook.

Did I tell you I accidentally broke the word of wisdom last week? I ordered a chocolate shake at Wendy’s, and I took a few sips of it.  I realized they gave me a Jamocha Shake! ahh!! Repent!! It was funny.

Oh thank you all for your loving words and thoughts.  They really help me a lot. I love you all and have a great week!

Elder Bringhurst




No comments:

Post a Comment