Tuesday, March 5, 2013

News News News


February 25, 2013

Well we received transfer calls and I am leaving Littleton! President is going to transfer me into a new area as senior companion because the missionary there hasn't been out that long. Elder Fischer is going to be training a new missionary here. So lots of things happening.

We also have the new mission president announced. It's President Blake and Julie Murdock from Bountiful, UT. They will be our new mission president starting July 1. Also as you know they are opening a new mission in Fort Collins starting July 1. Our mission will be affected by it. There is a possibility that if I'm serving in the Denver or Arapahoe Stakes during the change of the mission, I will be reassigned to the Denver North mission for the rest of my mission. That's the main news.

We were able to teach someone who is living on campus of the Denver Seminary (no not our seminary, a place where people study to become pastors). He is studying to be a non denominational pastor. He wanted to find out more about our religion so he invited us so he could learn from us. It was an interesting lesson. He was asking a lot about God and his body and the whole saved by works vs. saved by grace thing. I basically told him that we don't believe that our works will save us, only the Savior's atonement can do that.  We can't do anything of ourselves. He was very intrigued and wanted to have us come back. But I am leaving tomorrow so I will not exactly be doing that personally, but it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Also we had a massive snowstorm yesterday that piled about 11 inches of snow on the ground. It was a fun day. Easy to find service opportunities.  My arm is super sore right now from shoveling all of the snow. But I am sad to leave but not that sad. I haven't been here that long so strong relationships haven't really been formed. But I have gotten to know a few people. So a new adventure awaits as I move to another area of the mission.

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment