Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Area


ADMINISTRATOR NOTE:

I have been out of town so I just posted three letters from Brandon.  Don’t miss out on the previous two that can now be found in the archive, thinking this is the only one.

Also, Brandon has said that he gets less than 30 minutes of email time, so he believes snail, US mail would be the best way to write him while he is in this area.  Additionally, he wanted me to apologize to everyone for not being able to respond to everyone by email because of time limitations.

******

August 13, 2012

Well, well, well, we have a new area here in the mission. I've been transferred to an area called Heather Ridge ward in the Arapahoe stake. It is about 15 miles from my last area.

A few basic facts real quick:  It is a biking area, and we have no car. So I guess I will finally be able to lose some weight! Second, the area is kind of a "transient" ward, considering our ward has nearly 40,000 apartments. I cover only one ward, and the church we go to is the Crestmoor building which is about 20 minutes away from the ward. We live with members. They are usually gone but they are very nice. Just a father and mother and their two little boys live there. I've seen the boys quite often, but the parents I've only seen occasionally. Also my computer time is extremely limited due to the fact we have to ride with some other missionaries to get here and they don't like to stay long. My companion's name is Elder Kaze.  He's been out for 16 months and is a good missionary. He’s been here in this area for 3 months. Biking all day and all night is very difficult, but my legs will find a way to heal over eventually. We have a very small teaching pool, and because we see so few people a day we usually bike the entire length of the area several times in a day. We only have 6 investigators total, and 4 of them live in the same house. So less active work is prevalent. I do like the area though; it is a fun thing for me to do here. It may be hard at first, but I see a lot of potential here in the area.

Well the elders are kicking me off. My address is 2832 S Oakland Cir West, Aurora, CO, 80013.

Elder Bringhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment