Monday, August 19, 2013

Transfers

August 12, 2013

So I will do a quick letter about transfers.  I have been transferred and I do not know yet where I am going but I know I am leaving tomorrow morning.  Elder Wallace will stay here and train a new missionary.  I don't know where I'm going, who I will be with, or whether or not I still will be the district leader.  It will be fun to find out.  But I probably will spend my last two transfers in this last area until I go home. 

This week was largely uneventful.  I knew pretty much that I was leaving, so I wanted to see as many people as I could.  The last couple of days have been spent trying to get some pictures of people (if I don't mom will probably kill me ha ha).  We had a fun day today going up to grand mesa and hiking and fishing in various spots. I couldn't fish with no fishing pole, so another missionary and I put together a "man vs. wild" spear fashioned out of a knife and a tree branch and tried to spear fish coming up to the lake's edge.  We didn't catch anything ha ha.  Anyway, it was an interesting and fun time and I got a lot of pictures of the beautiful scenery up there. 

A lot of people were sad to see me go, but I think we did really well this week.  I've got to pack and such, and that will be fun, but on to the final phase of my mission!

Elder Bringhurst

August 14, 2013

I have just been sent to my new area and I am in Naturita, Colorado, a tiny little town.  The ward is not a ward, but a branch.  About 20 people or so come to church each week, so this will be a new experience.  The area is really gorgeous, but the work is really slow, mostly because we spend about 3 hours a day just driving.  My companion is Elder Southworth, who has been out as long as I have, and we are in the library today because he had to finish emailing, so I figured that I would send a quick letter to tell everyone where I was at.

Elder Bringhurst
P.O. Box 241
Naturita, CO, 81422

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment