Monday, December 12, 2011

Whoa - Another Week

Well time goes by a lot faster than you think when you are on a mission. The days are really short in winter and before I know it, it’s dark. I had a funny experience this week. Everyone here is a massive Denver Broncos fan, so yesterday the Broncos apparently were playing and we just couldn't teach ANYONE because they were all wrapped up in the game. In fact, we went to teach this less active lady who was of course, watching the game. It was like the 4th quarter and we came just in time to watch her reaction to the 58 yard field goal to send the Broncos to overtime. She jumped up and screamed and it was just so funny. It was really hard to teach because for 3 hours no one would want to hear us because of the game. I thought it was funny.

Anyway, the mission is good and I am trying my best. I have a lot to work on and a lot to improve on so it’s hard to have confidence at any time in the mission.  I did exchanges twice last week.  Man that was hard. I want to keep my letters positive so I won’t elaborate. J

We had 5 people come to church this week and that was really neat to see. One less active lady actually stayed for the whole 3 hour block. It was super fun to see her there. We teach the gospel doctrine classes and that is hard to do too, but it works out fine.

The library is kicking me off the computer for some reason, so I have to go.  If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me. I’m trying hard and working as hard as I can!!

Elder Bringhurst


No comments:

Post a Comment